10 steps to transfer files without using iCloud or other cloud services: an iPad and Windows are all you need.
- Windows (tested on Windows 7)
- Wi-fi router
- Create a new folder ipadshare on your disk (even removable) to host files
- Right click on the folder > Share with... > Specific users…
- Click on the bottom arrow on the dropdown > Create a new user > Another account (second to last element) > Create new account
- Type the name and the password for the new user (no Administrator)
- Back to the Share with…> Specific people… window:
- Select the new user from the dropdown
- Click on Add
- Give her read/write access
- Connect to the same Wi-fi router your Windows PC is connected to
- From home screen go to Settings > Display and Brightness > Auto-Lock > Never
- From App Store, Install and open FileExplorer (free)
- Enter into Local or Photos
- Tap Edit and then Select all on the bottom (or select one element at time)
- Tap Copy into
- Select Connections > ipadshare. Type user and password and then tap Save.
Do not lock the screen during the transfer process since otherwise FileExplorer free can freeze. After the transfer, check the transferred items before deleting them from the ipad.
Photo by AddictiveTips.com.