How to add media key buttons adding customizable shortcuts on a standard keyboard (working example attached).
Not all keyboards have media keys but you can fix this issue adding a global shortcut for your Windows system:
- Download and install AutoHotkey
- Download the media keys shortcut zip file and extract on your Desktop
- Double click to add the media shortcut to your systray: the shortcut are added
- Open your media player and
- AltGr+Right arrow: Next
- AltGr+Alt+Down arrow: Play / Pause
- AltGr+Alt+Left: Previous
- AltGr+Shift+Right: Volume Up
- AltGr+Shift+Down: Mute
- AltGr+Shift+Left: Volume Down
- AltGr+Shift+F1: open this howto with the default browser
- Alternatively you can use Ctrl+Alt in place of AltGr
Remember to launch the script each time you start the system or to add on automatic execution on start. To do so, Start > Run paste the following:
And then Enter. In the opened folder Right Click > New > Shortcut and paste:
And Next to add the shortcut every time you login.
You can also read the file as a simple text file with your file editor to add new shortcuts.