These steps will help you to block some of error reporting to Microsoft.
To help you in the task of finding error reporting issues install and run the free Kaspersky Security Scan: you will be notified by a list of issue affecting the PC the other antivirus usually don’t tell.
One of it is the notification to Microsoft of system states in situations like crashes. To stop sending Microsoft information like this you can follow these steps.
- On Windows 7, search “Action Center” in Windows > Search (or in your language, e.g. “Centro operativo” in Italian)
- Go to the 2nd voice on the left bar “change settings”
- Go to 2nd voice of related settings about error notification
- Check the very last element (Never check for solutions)
- In the previous screen check the first element about software use is disabled
Now take care about Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- On Windows 7, Run gpedit.msc
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer
- Double click on Turn off Crash detection and then “Enable”
- Under Browser Menu Disable “Turn off the ability to launch report site problems using a menu option”
If you don’t use Internet Explorer as your main browser, disable also this under User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer:
- On the starting page option, check disable and set starting page as about:blank
- Run Internet Explorer and confirm the dialog about the about:blank as default page
- Now standard user cannot change the default starting page
Now go to Internet Explorer:
- Go to Gear (top right on IE 11) > Internet Options > Advanced > Security
- Select “Do not save crypted pages on disk”
Now go to Kaspersky Security Scan, go to Reports and refresh the list of issue. Note that if you have an antivirus, like Avira, Kaspersky will tell you autorun are active even if Avira block it so you can ignore these warning in this case.